Posted by TeamCTRTheme at 5:35 am
Internet users have to often encounter many unwanted pages online while searching for some relevant content. This is a very common problem that users face when using search engines like Google, as some links that pop-up high on the search results turnout to be pages which mainly constitute advertisements. To make the experience of using search engine a joy and prevent users from ending up with advertisements in place of the data they seek, Google has introduced algorithms that grade each website and rank them; and this determines the order in which they appear in a particular search result.
To overcome the problem of being downgraded by such algorithms and to figure prominently in the search results when relevant keywords are typed it is suggested to use exact match domains which allow the users to find the necessary links easily. An exact match domain provides the type of online branding that can increase the traffic to the website tremendously and make the website figure amongst the very best. The use of many keywords also helps while trying to make the domain figure on top of the list.
The latest Google Panda update has been deployed lately and has been developed to rank EMDs and place them down the results if they are understood to be representing something other than what their domain name speaks of. Also many micro niche sites stand to lose ratings if their content has not been modified, upgraded or if some additions are not carried out on regular basis.
Micro niche sites have been traditionally very popular and have seen a steady stream of visitors trying to seek information using a particular keyword combination.
Micro niche sites include specific content on the keyword and even blogs on the same.
The latest Google EMD update runs on a new algorithm and since the time it has been deployed, it has been found to be diverting traffic away from the micro niche sites and in some cases the drop observed is in the range of 80-90%, which is quite high.
The micro niche websites which did not receive much traffic and don’t normally do not have much traffic from exactly matching keywords have survived the Panda and Penguin algorithms and their updates, but all such domains failed to get through the Google EMD test. This has led many online users and owners of micro niche domains to believe that the survival of such domains in itself has become a question.
Previously as a standard practice, many bloggers would generate many small blogs with a few pages with some related static content. When such blogs managed to include good keyword rich domain these blogs always garnered good traffic. But the recent update has changed all this and proved to be a major setback for such sites which is a very bad news for a lot of such micro niche sites. Micro niche sites which rarely receive any new content are the ones that are significantly affected. On the other hand, the micro niche sites which are frequently refreshed with the latest content are some of the least affected sites by the EMD algorithm update. Another strategy being widely discussed involves combining of many micro niche sites together to create larger site to attract larger traffic.
Search optimization algorithms are designed based on the choices of human graders and the pattern that they follow while assigning a domain a high or low rank. These algorithms and their updates have made the search very precise and user friendly but at the same time are causing the micro niche websites to die a slow death, but a few simple steps can ensure that these sites remain afloat and receive continuous traffic for a long time to come.
Important Tips for your Micro Niche Websites
1) Have regular update of content. It means the content needs to be either added or updated so that the search engine considers it as an active website or blog
2) Check the backlinks. Use genuine link directories, preferably have relevant content in the article from where you are linking back to your website
3) Avoid keyword stuffing on your website. Don’t put too many outgoing links, irrelevant to the content.
4) Avoid too many Ads above the fold.
As part of CTRTheme changes, we have developed the following additional features into our themes and subthemes to help in social media integration and improve content accessibility for end users and SEO.
1) Having social media icons and social sharing icons, makes it easier for your users to share your content links on social media networks like twitter, facebook, google+ and much more.
2) Having Menus and Submenus on the page, making it easier for users to access content easily and google search engines to index content easily without too many deep links
3) Use google adsense alternatives like amazon products, affiliate links or any other advertisements easily.
4) Having breadcrumbs for better SEO of the page
5) Use pagination to give access to more content pages on your website
6) Use other affiliate products or Adsense alternatives in your website.
You can also get access to content writer services with our content ready websites with quality content. The content is written by native english speakers with 30 day refund policy. There are custom quotes for more than 1 website or more content writing on your sites.